At 8:35 PM -0800 12/09/2005, Clark Martin wrote:
At 5:07 PM -0500 12/9/05, Tom W. wrote:
I know people get busted for duplicating software and then selling
it, but a home user selling his computer getting hunted down by the
police?

I don't think so.

Ah, the old it's only illegal if you get caught plan!

The NJ state senate is trying to change the rules regarding cell phone usage in cars. Right now it's a secondary offence here -- you can only get nailed if you're stopped for something else. They want to make it a primary offence.

I want to know where instant messaging falls into all this! I've got a friend that sits his powerbook on the front seat, connected to the 'net via a bluetooth cell phone. He isn't holding it up to his ear, so he calls it "hands free" ... except when he's looking down at it to read incoming msgs then type responses - while driving.

- Dan.