On 12/9/05, Clark Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 5:07 PM -0500 12/9/05, Tom W. wrote:

> >Why don't we  start with one story? I've never, ever heard of a
> >computer company coming after a user who sold his laptop with an OS on
> >it.
> >
> >I know people get busted  for duplicating software and then selling
> >it, but a home user selling his computer getting  hunted down by the
> >police?
> >
> >I don't think so.
>
> Ah, the old it's only illegal if you get caught plan!
> --
> Clark Martin

I'm not saying that at all Clark (that it's only illegal if you get
caught). You made a statement that there were plenty of stories about
people getting busted for software piracy that used the "I didn't know
it was wrong" defense.

I challenged you to provide one instance where that had occurred as a
result of an individual user selling a computer with an unlicensed OS
on it. I've never heard of individuals being targetted by police or
other authorities for selling their own  computer with an OS on it.
That doesn't make it right, and I'm not  saying it's right.

Tom
--
My wife makes itty bitty horse tack
http://www.darkstormstudio.com