Stupid question here: What would make you want to 'gift' a 1000 G3's with Office? Gift them without and let the user decide what he wants to use. And then there's always Appleworks. I've used it and like it except there are some parts of it that I don't care for--like the 'database'. Also the word processor is strange looking (guess from all my years of using Office), but it'll do the job quite nicely. Also don't discount iWork 06. I purchased it and it's quite impressive. They added a lot of features that should have been in the original and the Templates are WONDERFUL! Another Word Processor that I use a lot is Mellel...it doesn't get a lot of praise....but it's the only Word Processor that I've come across that can write Hebrew AND put in the vowels. It has the ability to switch from writing from left to right to right to left (essential for writing Hebrew). Mellel also has it's PC version by the same company called Davka Writer. Whatever happened to WordPerfect? I don't see much about that anymore. Mind you, I only use OS X apps....so, if there's an OS 9 version out there, I'm not aware of it. Keep in mind that if you're just looking for a Word Processor and don't need Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage (I don't use it--prefer Apple Mail app, iCal and Address Book--as they all work together better than Entourage does (my opinion))....don't discount iWork. It's sleek and will definitely get the job done all for only $79 and you get a PowerPoint- type app with it called Keynote. Sorry for the length of this .... I feel strongly and have experience with a lot of the retail Word Processors for the Mac.

Tim