david_elmo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, certainly this can be done... but I find the micky mouse dock just does not agree with my constitution (I still use it
usefully...)  :)

I found the Dock to be a completely useless infuriating nuisance - until I got a 19 inch monitor and added a "Launcher" folder to it.

Before the 19 inch monitor the Dock took up too much screen space, so I was using it with 'Hiding' mode turned on - and it just about drove me nuts bobbing up and down. With the 19 incher, it just takes up a small strip at the bottom of the screen.

To add a "Launcher" folder, I first created a folder named Launcher in my Home folder. Then I created sub-folders inside it - Editors, Games, Graphics, Internet, etc. Then I put aliases (shortcuts) for the applications inside the various category folders and dragged the "Launcher" folder down beside the Trash Can.

Easier yet, you can just drag the Applications folder down beside the trash can and it'll do the same thing. I've been using this method since 10.1.

Tim Collier
[EMAIL PROTECTED]