Yess you make a good point, but on the other hand, if we
 see that the cclock is NOT missing any "seconds  hits" does
 this tell us all, ALL the parts are working
 at least at 1 frame per second or faster to produce a
 thruput of 1 frame per second?

 This has been especcially instructive as a way to test the
 entire thruput of a video system. It is like an electronic gage
 you can put in the pix easily and then see what the entire
 system is doing for you. I wish I had a way to do this
 myself.

BTW: What if the face of the clock is optical vs.
 inserted electronically and what about using digital verse
 analogue, I like the physical hand moving, so it eliminates
 questions of insertion and tells us EXACTLY what the optical
 system is doing for the scene picture.

 JML