Hi, Shaun.
I don't honestly think we have seen the end of blind games. Your
opinion, which I am sure is shared by others, is the pecimistic view
long term. The aspect you seam to miss however is as long is there are
blind programmers who know how to write computer programs, have a desire
to write games, accessible games will continue. The agdev-newbies
comunity is a forem where I am attempting to pass on my skills, knolege,
so that a new generation of blind programmers can be made.
What's more at some point if blind programmers were to use the GPL
mottle and make engines open source then anyone with a nack for
programming can maintain and update games. This doesn't work for games
under the commercial license, but were a game to be made open source it
would have a long life time ahead of it.
I've actually conceptually thought about some ideas for making open
source games. Especially, ones that were multiplatform for Mac, Linux,
and PC. Once I get my Linux reinstalled and all upgraded to current I
might actually look at that possability.