Hi Josh,

Well said. I don't think I could have stated that any better than you
already have.

As you pointed out the world is made up of infinite shades of gray,
and extremes of any kind are always bad for the end user. I've
experienced this often enough in my own life to know this to be true.
The problem is that people who see things in shades of black and white
can not see the errors in their own thinking.

Anyway, when it comes to the issue of piracy I definitely don't think
people pirate software simply out of some philosophical reason. There
are more often as not some circumstantial reasons for the piracy that
may even seem justified once they are known. Those reasons may not be
justifiable from an ethics point of view, but certainly are
justifiable from the pirates viewpoint. It would be in our best
interests as developers to discover those reasons and see what if
anything we can do about addressing them..

Cheers!