Well Tom, the existing code for Mota at least as per the last beta I have is a good bit more complex than Rowland was, ---- at least in character movements.

In rowland as I said, you didn't do any jumping, every passage or rope was exactly the size of your character and all enemies took up the entire space meaning you had no choice when confronted with an enemy but to run or try to shoot or scare them.

the challenge in the game firstly came from avoiding or shooting the enemies (who were pretty fast), and from the fact that each level was a randomly generating maze, and thus the configurations of ropes and passages as well as the placement of bonus items, extra lives and bullets were always random, and the mazes were pretty big, ---- at a rough guess (and it is a rough guess given I haven't played the game for close to 20 years), the mazes were something like 50 x 100 tiles in size (they were slightly taller than they were long), though the exit was always in the same place at the center of the top row, so at least you always had something to aim at.

Beware the grue!