That is sadly true.
But in the case of Flash, I still don't get what the problem is.
When I want to listen to a piece of classical music on a computer, I can use Winamp, VLC or Windows Media player.
The user interface of any of the players is different.
But the song remains the same.
No player alters the used instruments or the speed at which they are played.
The song in this example remains the same.
A flash file should be like a song for this example.
If JAWS or Window Eyes can read a flash file in a web browser, then I'd like to know why the same can't be done with the stand alone Flash player module. And if Adobe helped making PDF files accessible, then they must also have done something to make Flash in web pages partially accessible.
If they had done nothing, we would be totally unable to interact with Flash.
If there some form of allthough limited or partial support exists, the question would be why it was never expanded to also work with the stand alone player module. And please keep in mind that such companies as CodeFactory, allthough they probably had sighted members, made such active content with their games and used a stand alone player module as the main executable program on their CDs. The only difference is that they did use Director now known as Adobe Shockwave.