Not to mention JAWS was probably a lot less of a pain to say than Job Access with Speech. LOL.

Focus your powers and prepare for buttle.
-----Original Message----- From: Thomas Ward
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:10 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] info AudioGames Game Engine

Hi Dark,

It is hard to say. Remember Jaws for Dos and Flipper both came out
about the same time in the late 80's. I'm not even sure which one came
out first since I wasn't blind at the time the screen readers came
out, and thus had no reason to be  interested in them until years
after the fact.

What I can tell you though is when I purchased Jaws for Dos in the
early90's the tutorials that came with it opened up with a message
like "welcome to Jaws Job Access With Speech." Thus I always got the
impression Henter-Joyce wanted to emphasize Jaws as a tool for work,
and the acronym Jaws was simply a side effect of shortening Job Access
With Speech to something that could be executed in Dos's 8.3 character
restrictions. How much Flipper's name may or may not have influenced
the Jaws name I have no idea as Henter-Joyce now Freedom Scientific
never said. All I do know for sure is that Jaws was marketed as the
screen reader for businesses and blind professionals, and if you
wanted a screen reader for work Job Access With Speech was it.

Cheers!