I believe that's also where Hal the computer got its name. As for JAWS I would have guessed the film from the 1970's about the shark.

Focus your powers and prepare for buttle.
-----Original Message----- From: dark
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 11:43 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] info AudioGames Game Engine

Hi tom.

Ah, rereading my message I see where my phrasing went a bit wrong. what I
meant as reggards Dolphin and Orca is that both derived their names from the
flipper screen reader, not that Dolphin developed Orca which they obviously
do not :D.

As for Jaws, I was told that fact by someone from dolphin as well that it's
name was also related to flipper so fair enough if I'm incorrect, though I
do think it's an amusing coincidence.

Btw, hal, the original namefor what is now supernova got it's name not as I
originally thought from the computer in 2001 Space odyssey, but because it's
one letter down from Ibm.

This is a little weerd though sinse dolphin's other two main products at
that time were luna, the screen magnifyer and supernova, the combined speech
and magnification system, ---- makes me think they should've called Hal
stellar or something but there you go :D.

Beware the grue!