From: "Justin Jones" <atreides...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 13:51
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Alter-Aeon

Jeremy, I get that Alter is staffed by volunteers and that Dentin and
Shadowfax have real-life issues to deal with. I get it, I really do,
but some of the recent changes/skill additions have been
mind-bogglingly awful.

Take, for instance, the change where lightcatchers will now have a
chance to break when they are used. Why? Why has Dentin felt the need
to make this adjustment? There is no call to do this? On the other
hand, Warriors and Thieves need some serious overhauling as there are
entirely too many stat dependencies, but most of all, the equipment
selection is not terribly strong? With the various spellcasting
classes, as a direct comparison, the latter's equipment is fairly
straight-forward in what is optimal. Warriors and Thieves, on the
other hand have lousy selections.

If Dentin/Shadowfax are being overwhelmed by the workload involved,
they can always reach out to veteran members of the community and
enlist their support. It is a simple problem with an equally simple
solution.

I am willing to concede that my entry into Alter, and subsequent
opinion of the game, is colored by my experience with mainstream
role-playing games, i.e. games that sighted people have access too.
Perhaps I have grown accustomed to a higher level of quality/balance,
given my background. If this is indeed the case, then I recognize my
failing and will work to correct it.

On 12/1/15, dark <d...@xgam.org> wrote:
> Hi jeremy.
>
> Personally, I really enjoy Alter, particularly sinse as a solo exploration
> guy I'm directly rewarded for what I like doing. I found arcase a wee bit
> grindy before some of the changes and new areas got put in. In truth the
> real issue now is more one of me not having played for a couple of years
> and
>
> not really sure how to best alter Thelok to catch up with the changes and
> keep going, particularly sinse I always like expermienting and trying new
> skills and what not.
>
> I have considered either resetting and using the pracs I bought on a new
> char, or just starting another, but I'd rather not do either sinse I'm
> very
>
> pleased with some of the quests I did with Thelok and I don't want to
> abandon him.
>
> As I said, I probably just need to bight the bullit and do it, although it
> has been good to give other muds a go and have other experiences, also
> i'll
>
> freely admit my rl life has sort of made gaming in general a bit of a
> second
>
> right now though I'm getting back into things slowly.
>
> All the best,
> Dark.

Justin M. Jones, M.A.
atreides...@gmail.com
(254) 624-9155
701 Ewing St. #509-C, Ft. Wayne IN, 46802