On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Justin Jones <atreides...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Take, for instance, the change where lightcatchers will now have a
> chance to break when they are used. Why? Why has Dentin felt the need
> to make this adjustment? There is no call to do this?

Actually, there was a simpler reason for the light catcher change:
experience.  It's been two years since druid was added, and the amount
of druid class and skill exp is still half what it should be.  One of
the reasons for this is because people carve one set of suncatchers,
then never make any more of them.  Carving was always meant to be a
big part of the exp that druids were capable of getting, and without
carving exp there's not really any way for me to properly balance the
class so it's on par with the others.

One question:  how many lightcatchers have you broken so far, since
the change went in?  The rate of breakage is really low, and I'd be
surprised if it's happened to you yet.

-dentin

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com