and some locks can only be opened with the knock spell and others can only be
picked.  some can't be opened without a key
Keith
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Justin Jones
  To: Gamers Discussion list
  Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:39 AM
  Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Alteraeon knock spell

  It seems to me that picking a lock with the skill doesn't burn through
  your movement nearly as fast as the Knock spell will burn through your
  mana. Running out of movement is not great, and can be lethal, but
  running out of mana (especially in a place like the tunnels under Fort
  Magnesia) is asking to die.

  To put it differently: the knock spell is a broken mess and needs fixing.

  On 1/10/17, Keith S <ks.steinbac...@gmail.com> wrote:
  > the knock spell is an alternative to the pick lock skill, knock uses mana
  > and pick locks uses movement.
  >
  > keith

  Justin M. Jones, M.A.
  atreides...@gmail.com
  (254) 624-9155
  701 Ewing St. #509-C, Ft. Wayne IN, 46802