Hi Dark,

Yes, I've thought about that problem. The 3d navigation isn't bad, but
could use improvements etc. Plus it takes a bit more time to do a full
3d level as there is a lot more to code. With a 2d side-scroller it
doesn't really take much to code at all. Especially, if we are talking
simple levels like Q9 or Super Liam for an initial release.

I think, and this is just my thoughts currently, doing the initial
release as a side-scroller is probably the right thing to do. For one,
it is much simpler to code than a full 3d game. Two, it can be made
into a classic arcade game like the original Castlevania which  for
some people would be something of a retro remake. Finally, we know the
ability to create side-scrollers is extremely stable, is working well,
and I can borrow lots of code from MOTA to get a basic game up and
running in a fairly short amount of time. So it would be the logical
choice here.

However, before I make it final I would like to get people's input on
it. After all, there are plenty of advantages in a FPS game too. It
just might take a little longer to create. Yet it would be more
rewarding, I think, if it was in full 3d.

Cheers!