Hi Michael.

leaving aside sounds and music, remember that programming a game is not an easy activity. People need training and qualification to do it, then the actual writing of the code is quite a tricky business is in itself, especially if you have to do everything from scratch.

Even for a game like sound rts, you are talking hundreds of lines of code, and for something like age of empires you are talking millions!

if you are a company with a huge great budgit you can higher many professional people. Because you are paying them, they will all have to work together and use the same programming language, and you'll have someone managing them, getting some to write different bits of code.

If your a single person, or a small group, this simply is not possible to do. This is why indi games are not up to the same sort of size or complexity as many mainstream games.

While I do agree that more could be done in audio, in order to create something like final fantasy your talking a huuuuuge! amount of work.

entombed, awsome though it is, is not near the standard of many rpg games even released on the Snes 20 years ago, let alone what is being released today.

So while I agree more could deffinately be done, we do have to be reasonable.

Beware the grue!