Desiree,

Here are some answers to your questions:

As a sighted person, I find it highly unlikely that any 'pure audio'
game would be popular with the sighted community.  Games that are very
audio heavy can work for the sighted, but unless there are at least
some visual cues, the game will be lacking.  The cues do not need to
be large or significant, but they are as important to us as stereo
audio is to you.

Regarding Windows versus Apple and the Playstation, they are in fact
extremely different.  Both Apple and Playstation environments are very
rigid and sanitized, whereas the Windows environment is extremely
open.

That said, there's something deeper going on:  Apple computers from
the beginning hit the big time via the publishing and visual arts
industries.  The Playstation was even more focused on visual
entertainment - one of its key selling points was the sheer amount of
video processing power available for it.  Windows PCs on the other
hand, were considered to be the boring yet reliable workhorses.  It
only made sense for screen readers and audio-based software to show up
there first.

As for the IPhone versus Android, yes, the Android market is much,
much more free and open.  The IPhone market, just like the Apple Mac
Store, enforces very strict rules on what you are allowed to do,
whereas pretty much any idiot who knows java can put out an Android
app.

One need only look at the available mudding clients for these
platforms to see the difference:  I know of one mudding app for Macs -
Savitar.  I know of zero mudding apps for the Playstation.  But there
are at least a hundred of them for Windows PCs.

Dennis Towne

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com