If he wants to develop games for Apple and get them noticed by sighted and they will be noticed. The Apple mags see to that. Then no problem. Don't see audio games getting noticed by sighted on PC's that much. If ever heard of. Now as far as shutting the screen off on the iPhone or iPod or ipad is not sure. You can turn some of the graphics and back light down, but not off. There is always something on the screen showing status of what ever is running or just home screens. The only usage of the screen curtain is on Mac's, and even then its not total. You still have indicators showing status of usage or at least running. You should buy one before you state how they operate or are used.