Hi Jim,

No, it is not necessary for Inno Setup to create a Kitchensinc folder
every time it installs a program. If it already exists it can be
scripted to simply update the existing folder. If it does not exist it
can create one.

As far as where sounds go again its not necessary to put them in a
separate sounds folder. That is purely up to the developer creating
the setup program where to place sounds, documentation, and other
files. Personally, I put them in their own directories to keep my
directories clean, but Inno Setup will let you put them wherever you
want them.

When it comes to the registry again that is purely up to the
developer. If you don't add any registry keys to your setup script
none will be added to your registry. Its as simple as that.

Finally, you might be surprised Inno Setup files are much smaller than
zip files and zip extracting files. It uses a newer and better
compression format that really compresses the data very tightly for
nice small and compact setup files. It might not be a huge advantage
for you since your games are pretty small anyway, but for me I've seen
a directory of 400 MB be packed into a 250 MB setup file which saved
150 MB of space. That's pretty good compression.

Bottom line, I think you are misinformed about Inno Setup and perhaps
are confusing it with Microsoft Setup Installer or something. Inno
Setup is a great tool and once you get the hang of the iss scripts it
is a sinch to build new setup files for your games, and it only does
exactly what you tell it to do. I'd be willing to write a sample
script to show you what it looks like and might even be willing to
help you create setups for your games to get it more Windows
compatible for newer Windows operating systems. I was thinking of
doing that for myself anyway since I only have one machine running XP
and I'm considering of upgrading that one to Windows 7 as well.