Hi Jim,

I'm not sure if you installed a 32-bit app to c:\Program
files\Something if it would run or not, but I do know Windows 7
reserves c:\Program Files exclusively for 64-bit applications.
Microsoft, for reasons I'm not sure of myself, have created a
c:\Program Files (x86) directory specifically for older 32-bit
applications, and I assume Windows 7 looks in c:\Program Files (x86)
by default for 32-bit apps and they may or may not run correctly in
c:\Program Files. I'd have to try it before I could say for sure.

As for the issue of installing to c:\Users you are confusing something
I personally do with standard practice. When User Account Control is
active the end user is restricted from saving files to c:\Program
Files and c:\Program Files (x86) by default. Therefore a lot of your
games crash or give an error message because they attempt to save
scores and so on to c:\Program Files (x86)\Kitchinsinc and that is a
restricted area as long as I have User Account Control enabled. My
solution for that problam was to install the games to
c:\Users\Thomas\Kitchinsinc which is in my local home directory and is
not restricted by User Account Control. If your games saved their data
to the Application Data directory then I wouldn't have to do this
because they would be UAC compliant. Does that make sense?