Dark, I can definitely identify with what you are saying. Although, my
older desktops are pretty much glorified testing and gaming machines I
still prefer using them over a laptop when I'm home. However, when I
am out of town, visiting in-laws, etc I have my laptop with me and
therefore I too need more than one key as it would restrict my access
to said games half the time as well. So that is one of many reasons I
am firmly against the concept of hardware specific keys. Its too
restrictive for the honest paying user to use it on more than one
computer he or she might own.

Then again, some companies such as Microsoft only want you to run
their software on one and only one machine. That is why they are
pushing one license per computer. That's fine if a person buys all the
computers with Windows installed, but if that person needs to upgrade
all of them he or she will end up paying several times for the same
software which I feel is wrong. Even site licenses aren't that
affordable on an average home user's income.

Cheers!