Hi michael.

I wasn't intending my comments about Tom's games to be insulting, nor would I want Tom to rush out a game on a whim that might be substandard, it's just that when talking of game design quality that gives a game that something that makes you want to replay it even after! you have played it before despite lack of secrets etc, is a quality Tom's games have very much had, (perhaps not final conflict but certainly his other games).

It's like with books. Some books I read and think "that's great!" but they have very little reread value just because the prose aren't that interesting or the plot, while surprising the first time is really not the second time. Great books however have reread value, which is Why every few years I reread the hobbit, lotr, The silmarillion, William Horwood's first three duncton novels, since in their style, their creation of a world and their unique design they really stand out and can provide as much surprise and eloquence the second time around or even the 10th time around as the first.

Beware the Grue!

dark.