We may want to clarify what services from Mongo are we gonna use. Is the intention to use it as a key/value store or use it for things like capped collections (http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/tutorial/use-capped-collections-for-fast-writes-and-reads/).

Currently we do have support for memcached. I actually use memcached for most of our alerting at this point instead of querying gmetad.

Vladimir