I, too, had to re-think the game while walking back to the car (in response to
Mary and others on the subject).  Everyone around me was disappointed with the
play of the offense, particularly the O-line.  It was my husband, a Gator by
marriage (graduated from Arizona), who pointed out the obvious:  our defense
kept them out of our end zone, we scored 26 total points, and our special teams
scored a safety for us.  In addition, we tried to spread the ball around, a far
cry from last year.  It was then I had to admit I had been believing all the
media hype - duh!  I never do THAT!!!!!

Other thoughts:

1) I can't remember ever being as hot at a game as I was yesterday.  I thought
it was b/c I am getting older and don't currently live in humidity.  However,
others around me, both young and old, were saying similar things.
2) I would love to send a suggestion to Foley or whoever to mic up the band,
rather than play recorded music.  Sitting in the SEZ, all we can hear is the
opposing band, and can barely hear the Pride of the Sunshine.  This has been a
mild annoyance in past years, but this year it was worse.  Perhaps it was b/c
the recorded music was so loud in comparison.
3) My husband just requested I point out that the music was mostly lame... and
out of sync with the spirit of the game.  It seemed more like a hockey game
than a college football game.
4) What was up with Murphy?  Balls kept slipping through his hands.  Glad to
see he pulled it all together in the end.
5) Loved Hernandez.  It seemed he was everywhere!
6) Brandon James!  Good decisions on special teams - he didn't do anything
foolish aka last year.
7) Didn't see much from Joe Haden this week as opposed to last week.  Did I
miss something?
8) I was glad to see those who threw the cups onto the field after the ruling
on the field was overturned were ejected from the stadium.
9) Most of the scUM fans I encountered were actually decent.  There were 4
sitting 2 rows down from us (can we publicly strangle Gator fans that sell
their tix to opposing team's fans?!?!) that were very good about cheering for
their team but not booing ours.  After the game, they shook the hands of Gator
fans around them.  I hope others had similar positive experiences (although I
suspect otherwise...)

That's all I can muster for now.  My husband and I are currently in Panama City
Beach enjoying the lovely atmosphere here, closely watching Ike.  The drive
along 441/27/98 was positively lovely.  If you haven't seen that part of
Florida, it is beautiful.

Cheers and GO GATORS!  Beat the Vols!

Stacey

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us