On Tue, 17 Mar 2020, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> > I'm surprised it's an issue for you: normally your email client
> > would transform quoted-printable and copying would do the right thing
> > (i.e. select actual patch contents, without whitespace munging).
> >
> > Are you trying to copy from the raw message representation?
>
> Everyone trying to work with a patch (instead of just the email) always
> is working with the raw message.  Just  patch < mbox  or  git-am mbox
> for example.

 Well, not everyone obviously as I don't, so please be careful speaking
quantifiers.

 I apply inline patches with `git am -' by piping messages or attachments
to the command directly from my e-mail client (with its `Pipe' command),
so I don't care how any message or attachment has been encoded for
transport as long as the patch hasn't come out damaged once decoded.

 I'd expect any sane e-mail client to support a similar command if it were
to be used for software development the way we do it, though I realise
that regrettably some may not be as capable.

  Maciej