* Maciej W. Rozycki:

> On Tue, 7 Apr 2020, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>> >In a way that's amusing and just reinforces my p.o.v. that DMARC is
>> >bollocks.
>>
>> Not that it means anything but I agree 100%.
>>
>> It's like whoever made the "standard" just said "to hell with mailing
>> lists".
>
>  Maybe they just didn't know of their existence.  Seriously.

I think that's extremely unlikely.  If you do not do header munging in
the mailing list software, things will work.  That suggests to me that
the people who worked on DKIM and DMARC had this use case in mind.

But of course if you add subject prefixes, rewrite attachments (and
thus the message body), or enable the Mailman duplicate suppression
feature (which edits To:/Cc: lists of the messages posted to the
list), then things will break.  But that's not required to run a
mailing list.