On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 10:38:12PM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
>Therefore I'd be happy to participate in testing a solution for
>disabling `From' munging for `p=none' domains.

I can't speak for fche but I have a limited amount of time for any
computer activity right now.  A pinched nerve in my neck makes typing
difficult.

However, as a first step, please subscribe to test-l...@sourceware.org.
If we do any tinkering it will be there.  I'll try to play with settings
in the next few days.

I think we can bounce email which seems to be html.  As I'm sure you all know,
we used to do that on server1.  Then we switched to stripping the html
attachment if there was a text component to the email.  At the time, I don't
think I had the slightest notion that there would be ramifications for DMARC.

Is this something that needs to be voted on?  I don't care either way.  I think
fche would probably not mind letting html through.

Do other mailing lists have policies about this?  Is it a given that all of the
technical mailing lists would be ok with sending text-only?  I know it greatly
confuses cygwin users but many of them are not that technical.

cgf