On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 01:50:42PM +0100, Bronek Kozicki via Gcc wrote:

     I would
     very much prefer if a person who openly expressed opinions, and also openly
     exercised behaviours, which I consider abhorrent, was *not* associated with
     the GCC project. It does not matter to me what kind of control that person
     exerts on the project, if any. What matters to me is association, even if
     indirect one (other than historical).

I suppose I feel the same.  I would also prefer it if all people involved
with GCC (and all my other interests) did not do or say things which made me
uncomfortable.  I don't however feel that I have the right to call for anyone
to be excluded simply because I'm uncomfortable with that person's words or
deeds (ie. "consider them abhorent"). That would be an utterly dystopian, world.

Of course persons should not use a project's name or infrastructure to make
comments unrelated to the project.  But if that person wishes to make a comment
under his/her own name in an unrelated forum, that is his/her right.  Even if
we consider them abhorrent, we must respect the rights of others.

J'