On 04/06/2009, Paul Lindner <lind...@inuus.com> wrote:
> I don't see these as release blockers...  I'd like to see us get the 1.0
>  release out the door and then immediately work to apply the release process
>  to 1.1 snapshots.  This was a frequent request from multiple people at
>  Google I/O.
>
>  On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Ian Boston <i...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
>

>  >
>  > On 4 Jun 2009, at 16:21, sebb wrote:
>  >
>  >  On 04/06/2009, Ian Boston <i...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
>  >>
>  >>> Hi,
>  >>>
>  >>> Please review and vote on approving the first release of Apache
>  >>> Shindig version 1.0-incubating.
>  >>> Apache Incubator Shindig is a JavaScript container and implementations
>  >>> of the backend APIs and proxy required for hosting OpenSocial
>  >>> applications.
>  >>>
>  >>> Vote Thread.
>  >>> http://markmail.org/thread/mrk4uwe7mg5e3uho
>  >>>
>  >>>
>  >>>
>  >>> Proposed release:
>  >>>
>  >>>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/shindig-staging-002//org/apache/shindig/shindig/1.0-incubating/
>  >>>
>  >>> SVN Tag is
>  >>>
>  >>>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/shindig/tags/shindig-project-1.0-incubating/
>  >>> revision 780648
>  >>>
>  >>>
>  >> There are 3 files in the source archive that are missing from SVN:
>  >>
>  >> java/samples/create.sql
>  >> java/samples/derby.log
>  >> java/samples/drop.sql
>  >>
>  >> It looks like these are not supposed to be in the source archive.
>  >>
>  >

> > These are probably not supposed to be in the source archive, they must have
>  > slipped trough during the build process, which does have filters in place
>  > exclude them, but thats obviously not working. I will file a bug.
>  >

The maven-clean-plugin config lists the file names without any path
info, so will only delete files in the working directory.

>  > They are generated by JPA when it build the tests giving the default
>  > database schema for the samples project.

It would be better if the test files were generated in a directory
which is exclusively used for temporary test items, e.g. a work
directory under target/. There would then be no need to remove the
files later.

>  >
>  >>
>  >> Where do the SQL files originate?
>  >> I could not find how these were created from the files in SVN.
>  >>
>  >> =
>  >>
>  >> The file README.svn has a misleading name; it ought to be called
>  >> README_svn.txt or similar otherwise it won't be easily usable on some
>  >> OSes, e.g. Windows.
>  >>
>  >

> > Thank you will fix.
>

>  >
>  >>
>  >> Some missing SVN properties (not a release blocker):
>  >>
>  >> svn ps svn:eol-style native LICENSE
>  >> svn ps svn:eol-style native NOTICE
>  >> svn ps svn:eol-style native features/LICENSE
>  >> svn ps svn:eol-style native features/NOTICE
>  >>
>  >
>  >

> > Thank you, will fix in svn.
>  >
>  >
>  > IYO, are any of these release blockers ?
>  >

The source archive is supposed to be derivable from SVN, which is why
I asked where the extra files came from. I suppose this is true here.

It's not ideal to leave test output in the source archive; but it is
probably not a release blocker.

However, if I were the RM, I would create another release candidate.

Your call.