Craig L Russell wrote on Mon, 9 Nov 2009 at 14:12 -0800:
> Hi Greg,
>
> I'm afraid that you have totally mistranslated my message and I have no idea
> why.
>
> I'm not trying to pick a fight.
>
> I'm trying to be reasonable.
>
> I don't perceive your reaction as positive.
>
> I'm not going to continue this discussion until you have something concrete to
> discuss. I voted to accept Subversion into the incubator. Your turn.
>
> Craig
>
> On Nov 8, 2009, at 5:25 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
>
> > The Apache Incubator is about EDUCATION. It is about TEACHING podlings
> > how to work here at Apache.
> >
> > It is not about making podlings thoughtlessly follow checklists.
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 20:19, Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@sun.com> wrote:
> > > As I thought I said earlier, *any* release that has proper Apache
> > > packaging, licensing, and notices is fine with me.

> > > We've had this discussion in the incubator before, for similar
> > > reasons, and I think there is consensus that a formal review of a
> > > podling release is a reasonable gate for graduation. No one needs to
> > > believe that the release is stable, tested, reliable, etc.; it just
> > > needs to be reviewed.

Besides packaging, licensing, and notices, what else should be reviewed?

Also:  Hyrum set up (some time ago) nightly tarballs.  IIRC they are
generated by the same scripts used to roll our stable releases, except
that they are rolled straight from trunk (with the usual "may not compile"
caveats).  If packaging is the only issue, could these tarballs be
inspected instead?

Daniel
(they're generated by tools/dist/nightly.sh.  Hyrum's server that runs the
script daily and publishes the output tarballs is temporarily offline, so
no link to live nightly tarballs, sorry.)