On 1 December 2011 06:16, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
> I notice that the NOTICE has this incomplete statement:
>
>   This product includes the scala runtime and compiler
>   (www.scala-lang.org) developed by EPFL, which includes
>   the following license:
>
> There is not any following license.

Nor should there be in the NOTICE file.

I think the SCALA NOTICE should read

This product includes the scala runtime and compiler (www.scala-lang.org)
Copyright (c) 2002-2010 EPFL, Lausanne, unless otherwise specified.
<<<

In my reading of it, that is all the license requires.

This assumes that the product does indeed *include* the SCALA compiler.
Otherwise the references must be removed from NOTICE and LICENSE.

> I also notice that the LICENSE file has copyright notices.

I don't think that's a problem; they are often included in 3rd party licenses.