On 1 December 2011 02:29, Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Kafka community is hoping to get some feedback on the updated NOTICE
> and LICENSE files for Kafka, before we post a new vote for it.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~nehanarkhede/NOTICE

There are spurious "===" lines at the top of the file; these must be removed.

> http://people.apache.org/~nehanarkhede/LICENSE

All license for 3rd party products should be present in the LICENSE file.
If the identical license is shared between several products, there's
only need to add it once.
Add a header line before the additional licenses to say what they are for.

For example:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/LICENSE

For 3rd party products under AL 2.0, add a list at the end of the AL
license text, before any other licenses.

As it stands, either the NOTICE file is wrong, or the LICENSE file is
wrong, because the NOTICE file should not mention 3rd party products
that are not in the LICENSE file.

And neither should mention code that is not actually included in the
release artifacts.