On Nov 27, 2012, at 6:58 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> What is described above is exactly what mentors should be doing in an
> informal way. What Alan says happened below is what is proposed above.
>
> I've not been following the project and can't agree or disagree with
> Alan's interpretation of events. However, I also don't feel well enough
> informed to form a valuable opinion. This prompts the question have
> those demanding an alternative action to that one recommended by an
> active mentor done sufficient background work to be able to stand
> behind their recommendation?
>
> On the other hand, if people want to step up to bring new blood to the
> mentorship role and Alan wanted to resign as a mentor rather than flog
> a dead horse
> I'd fully understand. I support Alans observations elsewhere that
> mentors taking on responsibility for community development is
> inappropriate, it needs to be the project community, but new mentoring
> might provide new ideas.

I don't intend to step down.  I don't quit because things become difficult,
frustrating, and prior efforts are unrecognized.

New ideas from fresh mentors would be fantastic.  However, I will not support
throwing in fresh cheerleaders into an empty stadium where the football players
have no time to play.

For me, I need to see the Chukwa PPMC members take a personal inventory as to
what they can honestly commit to doing.  If that commitment is different than
what was discussed last week then I would be absolutely delighted to have an
extension of six months.

Regards,
Alan