On 10/2/13 11:11 AM, "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com> wrote:

>On Oct 2, 2013, at 10:20 AM, Alex Harui wrote:
>> On 10/2/13 10:09 AM, "Doug Cutting" <cutt...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>>In my tour of the internet since my last post and your reply, it does
>> appear that most Apache-related information indicates that committer
>> voting uses consensus and thus the Voting document [1] is out of date.
>
>It isn't out of date.  It is just plain wrong.  It does not reflect any
>of our projects, but rather presents an incomplete summary based on
>someone's personal experience.
I would like to propose a rewrite of [1] by borrowing heavily from [2] but
making sure to emphasize that projects are allowed to have different rules
for all of them (or is the code-commit veto required for all projects).
Any objections to me trying to do that?  I'll try to get something out
this evening.  For me, it would have saved our project time to have [1] be
more accurate and describe a set of default voting procedures in more
detail.

I'm also tempted to ask the board to approve a resolution to remove the
requirement that graduating podlings create a set of by-laws, and waive
the obligation for existing TLPs.  It seem like it should be optional.

Thanks,
-Alex

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

[2] http://httpd.apache.org/dev/guidelines.html