On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:
> To me, agreeing on "the norm" is not the same as policy, especially policy
> that does not allow for exceptions.

I agree.  Establishing whether there is a norm is a useful first step.
 That's what I'm trying to take.  Thus far I've seen noone disagree
that consensus is most common for committer additions at Apache.  I've
also seen folks suggest that they prefer having norms than having
explicit bylaws for their projects.  I don't anticipate any policy
being established as a result of this discussion, except perhaps
better documenting what the assumed default is for projects that don't
choose to have explicit bylaws.

> And again, to me, "consensus != unanimity".

This might be another case where better documentation would help.  In
my experience at Apache, consensus is equated with unanimity.

Doug