On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:
> I would like to propose a rewrite of [1] by borrowing heavily from [2] but
> making sure to emphasize that projects are allowed to have different rules
> for all of them (or is the code-commit veto required for all projects).
> Any objections to me trying to do that?

Rather than a "rewrite", I suggest proposing small, incremental, reversible
changes.  Governance is easy to mess up.

It would be so nice if we could write unit tests for governance docs to make
sure that as they evolve they still solve all the old problems they were
intended to address.

> I'm also tempted to ask the board to approve a resolution to remove the
> requirement that graduating podlings create a set of by-laws, and waive
> the obligation for existing TLPs.  It seem like it should be optional.

+1 for moving towards a situation where podlings MAY rather than MUST write
bylaws.  Dunno if a Board resolution is needed.

Marvin Humphrey