On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:
> The thread on members@ was titled "Committer Qualifications".  I asked a
> question about the -1 vote on 9/7/13 and the reply I got was that
> committer voting does not have vetoes, and the document at [1] also seems
> to say that.

I followed up on that thread on members@, to get some clarity.

This issue has come up before.  I don't have time to search the
archives now, but I recall that folks agreed then that the norm at
Apache is consensus for committer additions.  The mention of
"procedural" votes on the voting page has been a source of confusion.
I suspect it is meant to allude to release plans and the like.  We
should clarify that it isn't meant to refer to committer or PMC member
votes, that those are generally subject to consensus votes.

Doug