On 08/04/2015 02:45 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> Sorry if it rubs the wrong way. However, we just have seen through the Ignite
> discussion (most recent one) the examples where personal expectations were
> represented as graduation requirements. It is perhaps in good faith - I am not
> questioning the intention. I am saying that when requirements are unclear,
> people interpret them based on their own understanding of unwritten Apache
> ethos. As Brane called it earlier - "confusing opinions and policies". You see
> where I am going with this, right?

Perhaps I'm unclear on the proposal - but how would that be mitigated by
this proposal? I understand that it might expose podlings to less of
this when directed towards the full IPMC for graduation, but how would
it prevent this if a mentor confuses personal expectations for
graduation requirements?

Isn't that still a potential issue?

I may misunderstand or have lost track of how that's handled in all the
discussion.

Best,

jzb
--