Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > On Mar 20, 2005, at 7:20 PM, Bill Barker wrote:
> >
> >> And, yet, all of the complaints about the article have been from
> >> people that aren't involved with Tomcat development ;-).
> >
> > I think that's an unfair statement... does that fact diminish the
> > accuracy of what anyone is saying? I would also wager that
> > if it had been any other company with any other ASF project,
> > there would have been just the same discussion.
>
> Cool :)
>
> What if I, on the opposite, contend that if it had been any other
> company with any other ASF project, nobody would have bothered ?
>
> Can you prove me wrong ?

That would be kind of impossible to do, logically :)

But I would agree that other companies have occasionally
crossed lines that should not have been crossed, both
companies "associated" with ASF projects and external
companies that have no ties or links at all. In those
cases we (the ASF and/or the projects affected) have
requested retractions/corrections/removals/etc...

And as I've mentioned before, I don't think there's
anyone here who has not been misquoted or mis-represented
(by journalists or over-eager PR types) to the extent
where they were embarassed-to-angry about it. I *know*
it's a struggle. I'm not trivializing it in the least.