Jim Jagielski wrote:
That would be kind of impossible to do, logically :)

But I would agree that other companies have occasionally
crossed lines that should not have been crossed, both
companies "associated" with ASF projects and external
companies that have no ties or links at all. In those
cases we (the ASF and/or the projects affected) have
requested retractions/corrections/removals/etc...

And as I've mentioned before, I don't think there's
anyone here who has not been misquoted or mis-represented
(by journalists or over-eager PR types) to the extent
where they were embarassed-to-angry about it. I *know*
it's a struggle. I'm not trivializing it in the least.

Great, so you manage to sneak by an assertion that a line have been crossed here. Cool debate ;)
The small mistake made on our wesite has been made by the entire Java industry. The person who wrote the page (it was not me) just made the same mistake everyone else did, period. Nobody is actually confused by it (since they were already confused), and there are no issue about confusion with another product.

At this point, how about simply kicking me out and ending the problems faster ? Just one quick vote on board@ and any future issues disappear magically.

I will not repent/apologize/atone/change my behavior, etc, nor ask my company to repent/apologize/atone/change its behavior, since I think they made all the necessary adjustments already. One thing is certain: I will not bother wasting my time to defend my company or myself in this kind of ridiculous thread. I already sent a couple emails with simple explanations when it was requested.

My personal view on the ASF is that I should do "more code, less politics", which seems to bring more value. As a result, I am at the mercy of the politician gang ... Feels like real life, though ;)

Rémy