On Sunday, 2 June 2024 14:27:57 BST Dale wrote:

> Got the manual.  It says 128GB.  That sounds more like what I was
> expecting anyway.  I kinda thought 256GB was a bit much.

I bought my machine from Armari a few years ago; they supply high-performance
workstations to City finance and investment houses. I have 2x32GB memory sticks
in it, and I wondered about doubling that to 128GB, which is supposed to be
feasible on this motherboard.

The advice from Armari was that I'd have to be careful selecting the memory
sticks, and that they ought to come in a matched set from the manufacturer.
Otherwise timing problems could become a problem so that I'd have to fiddle
with memory speeds.

I decided not to bother.

Just my two-pen'orth.

HTH.