Mick wrote:
> On Saturday 03 March 2007 23:37, Dale wrote:
>

>> I suspect something changed with the grouping and I just didn't know
>> it.  It was likely one of those messages in a compile that went by and I
>> didn't see it.  It may be for the better, mor secure or something, but I
>> just missed it.
>>
>> Now that you mention it, I think I have to be a member of that group to
>> be able to fax too.  May give that a try.  May fix two things.
>>
>> Thanks for the info.
>>

> Hmm, this is what I am getting on a x86 build.
>
> # ls -al /dev/ttyS*
> crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 64 Mar  3 22:09 /dev/ttyS0
> crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 65 Mar  3 22:09 /dev/ttyS1
> crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 66 Mar  3 22:09 /dev/ttyS2
> crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 67 Mar  3 22:09 /dev/ttyS3
>
> BTW, I am a member of the uucp group, but can't remember if I ever added
> myself to it manually:
>
> uucp:x:14:uucp,michael

There have been a lot of changes lately.  I think this is just one of
them.  I may just change it back to uucp and add myself to the group.
I'm not sure about how that will affect my UPS that connects to the
serial port though.  It didn't like the uucp group either.  We may be
playing ring around the group here.  :/

I still haven't tried the others though.  I'm trying to give everyone a
chance to reply and see what all options there are available.  ;-)

Thanks for the info.  At least mine wasn't the only one that got changed.

Dale

--
www.myspace.com/dalek1967