On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 11:39:44PM +0200, b.n. wrote:

> His knowledge of English grammar and vocabulary has nothing to do with
> the actual *contents* of his mail, it has to do with just the errors of
> spelling and grammar. I'm sure he would have done the same in his mother
> language.
> Let's end it here.

No, let's not.  What do you know of his native language and culture?
I traveled a bit in my misspent youth, learned a bit of different
languages and cultures, and was constantly amazed at how some of my
most basic assumptions about language and culture were upset in
different countries.  It may well be that in his native language and
culture, his was a well reasoned (allowing for poor grammer and
spelling) opening remark in a discussion.  Just because it did not
come across as a "proper" English question does not mean it wasn't
meant to start a reasonable discussion in his own language and
culture.

It is incredibly arrogant to think that you know all about his
background just because the only thing you know you have in common is
that Engish is not your native language.

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E  6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933