[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> It is for that reason I believe Ben's thought of more than one organization
> has some merit

I hate to split it up into two organizations.  It is hard enough to get people's
time and energy for *ONE* organization.

> or at least it leads us to think about some important and
> fundamental issues concerning the "mission and role" of GNHLUG.

I think this is the real issue.  But I also think that having one organization
with a primary and secondary focus is not that hard...maybe even a third
"focus":

        o maintain and coordinate a communications link between the various
          free and open source people in the Greater New Hampshire area
          (mailing lists and beer drinking)

        o encourage and educate others in the use of FOSS
          (go out and hog-tie the stupid windows users)

        o organize and coordinate events that help promote the first two bullets

etc.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> I think Ted and Ben stirred all this up just to get more of us to Hoss
> Traders where we could chat endlessly about it over fried bread and bad
> coffee.

Hey, don't you think the framers of the US Constitution did the same thing?
(Hmmm, did they have fried dough back then?)

I can be there Saturday morning.

md

--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux International(R)

Board Member: Uniforum Association, USENIX Association

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several countries.
(R)Linux International is a registered trademark in the USA used pursuant
   to a license from Linux Mark Institute, authorized licensor of Linus
   Torvalds, owner of the Linux trademark on a worldwide basis
(R)UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the USA and other
   countries.