On Tue, 2002-04-02 at 12:06, Derek D. Martin wrote:
> If you want to test it from inside your network, you can use an open
> proxy on someone else's network.  If you don't know of any (I don't),
> then try surfing to it with anonymizer.com.  I can't test it easily
> here, but I believe that will work.

Here's my setup (on ATT's network):

SMC Barricade forwarding all sorts of stuff to the server behind.
TZO.COM handling DNS for wayga.org (which points at the SMC).
Inside, I have a DNS server handling local stuff, but also does DNS
for wayga.org (noone else points to it).

In this case, both my DNS server and TZO are pointing at the same
(physical) machine, but at two different IP addresses.  Outside
the SMC, the addresses are returned by TZO and users find the SMC
box.  Inside, the local DNS server finds a response before it goes
outside, so it returns the internal address.  So no matter if I'm
inside or outside the network, I'll always hit the machine.

Anyone using Debian and Exim and doing user authentication?  The
exim docs are not a lot of help with this.

-Mark