Thanks for your clarification, Tom. What you wrote is exactly
what I meant. See also more comments below:

20.04.2017 13:05 Tom Tryfonidis <tomt...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I have a feeling that the use of nominative and genitive cases on the topic
> is the main reason for misunderstandings. We need to focus whether we should
> use %B for "full date" form or not, as this is the common factor for all
> languages now.
>
>  Greek translations (i assume other affected languages too) already use %B for
> "full date" form, and a proposed solution to use %B for the "standalone" form
> will create an unneeded regression for these languages.

That's true: "%B" is used because there is no better format
specifier. And this produces the nominative case because there
is no way to generate the genitive case. The same in many
other languages.

>  So, to make things easier for everyone, i agree that it would be better to
> use %B for "full date" form and %OB for "standalone" form (the chances to use
> the alternative %OB format for the affected languages are low and limited only
> to specific use cases, e.g. GNOME Calendar uses standalone form for
> Week/Month/Year views).

Of course, there will be a (hopefully) limited number of applications
which will need minor fixes and I'm already preparing patches for
them even if it is too early:

- to prove that the number of the applications is low,
- to prove that the changes are minor,
- to provide the fix for what I might potentially break,
- to let the people see the result already.

Regards,

Rafal