On 21 April 2017 at 02:46, Rafal Luzynski <digitalfr...@lingonborough.com>
wrote:

> >  So, to make things easier for everyone, i agree that it would be better
> > use %B for "full date" form and %OB for "standalone" form (the chances
> to use
> > the alternative %OB format for the affected languages are low and
> limited only
> > to specific use cases, e.g. GNOME Calendar uses standalone form for
> > Week/Month/Year views).
>
> Of course, there will be a (hopefully) limited number of applications
> which will need minor fixes and I'm already preparing patches for
> them even if it is too early:
>
> - to prove that the number of the applications is low,
> - to prove that the changes are minor,
> - to provide the fix for what I might potentially break,
> - to let the people see the result already.

After taking a closer look, I was wrong about gnome-calendar, as it uses %B
%d for its views.

I think that you as the translators have a bigger
> experience as you have translated many or all such applications.
> How many times did you translate "%d %B" or "%d %B %Y" vs.
> "%B" or "%B %Y"?

The later is less common on translations.
"grep"-ing GNOME core and extra UI translations i found these three
applications that use "%B %Y" or "%B" format:

evolution.master.el.po:msgid "%B %Y"
evolution.master.el.po:msgid "%B"
california.master.el.po:msgid "%B %Y"
shotwell.master.el.po:msgid "%B"