[EMAIL PROTECTED] (John Sankey) writes:

> "I wasn't sure about putting midi files on - the ones generated by
> Lilypond at the moment are fairly basic - things like ties are
> ignored."
> There are a lot of MIDI file sites on the web, and almost no sheet
> music ones. I recommend skipping MIDIs.

I recommend including MIDI files, on the grounds that MIDI is the
closest thing to a neutral file format that music publishing has these
days.  That is, if someone wants to use a published work in a
different publishing program, MIDI is likely to be the best bet.

(If mi2mu worked better, people would be able to use MIDI input in
lilypond.)

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )
(617) 661-8097