Michael Ossmann wrote:

> Michael Nyvang wrote:
> >
> > If you read through this thread you may get some ideas, but most
> > important is that you make certain that you yourself have not
> > signed any contract which transfers part of your copyrights
> > and their administration to a publisher, or an organisation
> > which collects royalties on your behalf.
>
> Fortunately, I have never signed any agreement limiting my IP rights, nor
> will I ever do so.
>
> Also, I am not interested in any GPL-like limitations on combining my
> works with unfree material.  I just want people to be able to do whatever
> they please with my music, providing that I am given credit as the
> composer.

Okay, that should be possible with the license you did mention
in your previous post. However getting credited for music, isn't
always that easy. Especially if you are on your own, and not
supported by any organizations. TV producers often routinely "forget"
the credits, even regarding very protected music. So by allowing
your music to be used in unfree products greatly increases the risk
that you will get "cheated" by someone along the way. Now if
that doesn't bother you to much that is fine, but be prepared for
it to come - and most important, be prepared not to waste
any energy on it. If you put your stuff on a website, then
people will know that the music comes from you.

Off cause if you are not financially dependent on your music
writing skills, then you can basically do what ever you want.
If you are, then it is another story - and often a very tough
one too. Here one can choose to let parts of ones production
be completely free, and thereby supporting the community, while
still being able to "work in the world dominated by professional
music publishers, orchestras and so on".

Anyway good luck with it :-).

Best Regards,
Michael Nyvang.