On Monday, 31 July 2000, "James Hammons" writes:

> lstat(/cygdrive) failed ...
> /cygdrive: No such file or directory

Uh, is there an environment variable that is called cygdrive
(in capitals, probably?)  What happens if you do:

   set CYGDRIVE=c:
   kpsewhich cmr10.tfm

?

> BTW, how have you gotten guile to compile in cygwin?  Apparenty, JBR had a
> patch to apply against the 1.3 distro, but obviously there isn't one
> available for 1.4.  I'm not new to linux or unix, but succesfully building

Vanilla guile-1.4 compiles on cygwin, without patching.  Cygwin and guile
have made progress, and I've helped with small cygwin compilation issues
for guile.

> *anything* on cygwin has so far eluded me!  I've been able to successfully
> compile and run some fairly nontrivial packages on my linux setup, so not
> being able to do so in cygwin is *really* frustrating!

Lots of packages have not been ported to cygwin, cygwin is not able
to simulate all oy the unix/posix environment, there's still quite
some work to be done.

Greetings
Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter